Enjoy this unique and adventurous chicken bus tour, departing from Antigua to Ciudad Vieja and learn about the history of this country’s second capital. Next, visit a chicken bus refurbishing shop and see how huge US school buses are transformed into colorful Guatemalan chicken buses! Then visit the local carpenter’s workshop as well as our first project and school, Nuestro Futuro.
- 2 people
- Round trip transportation
- 1st stop: Visiting the chicken bus refurbishing shop, and see with your own eyes how US and Canadian school buses are transformed into Guatemalan chicken buses that color the streets and highways of this country! You’ll also learn why being a bus driver is the most dangerous job in Guatemala!
- 2nd stop: Meet the children during their recess at our first school, Nuestro Futuro.
- 3rd stop: Next visit a carpentry workshop, where you’ll see how they built, paint and decorate coffins. Learn about the industry as well as the cultural traditions related to death in Guatemala.
- 4th stop: Next, a short walk through the neighborhood where many of our families live that send children to our school. Learn more about the socio-economic situation and challenges faced.
- 5th stop: Last stop is at our beautiful school Nuestro Futuro! Learn about how NGO ´Niños de Guatemala´, is helping to break the cycle of poverty to achieve better lives. We also have a snack while we rest!
- Return by midday to Antigua.
- Available Monday- Friday, duration 8-12pm
- NDG is a non-governmental organization focused on breaking the cycle of poverty in Guatemala by providing a quality education to those who need it most. Since our founding in 2006, we have opened two elementary schools, our future, and El Porvenir, which now serve more than three hundred Guatemalan children from low-income families in the cities of Ciudad Vieja and San Lorenzo de Cubo.
Hang on a second!
Niños de Guatemala.
Don´t forget to personalize your gift with a message to your loved one and send your instant gift via email. Need a snazy gift box? No problem, make sure to add a 1010 gift box to your shopping cart, we´ll deliver it to where it needs to go.
What about the reservation date?
You don´t have to worry about that. Your beneficiary will make their appointment directly with the experience provider. Their contact information is provided on the gift voucher.
Some experiences such as hotel stays will give you the option of reserving & purchasing at the same time, just click on the BOOK NOW button and follow the steps.